Hello from Alabama

I am glad you got into chickening. I believe in networking to swap/sell/trade/share hatching eggs, roosters, and hens to keep flocks from getting inbred. What part of the state are you in?

I'm located in Geneva County. It's at the bottom of the state, on the Florida line.

Maybe you can tell me this: I have a hen who is brooding her eggs. Four hatched out today, she is still sitting on a bunch. I am thinking she is going to get up off those other eggs and abandon them just as soon as these 4 chicks jump out of the nest and start running around. Can I move the hen, her eggs and the 4 new chicks all into a cage? I made her a comfy nest out of a wire dog crate with fresh pine shavings, but I wonder if it would traumatize her. I am concerned she is in the coop with a bunch of other chickens and I am afraid some big chickens will pick on her four babies and also am concerned she will not finish hatching the other eggs trying to take care of the 4 babies. What do you think??

I am glad you got into chickening. I believe in networking to swap/sell/trade/share hatching eggs, roosters, and hens to keep flocks from getting inbred. What part of the state are you in?
Actually I'm in Georgia but close enough to Dothan just moved from Ashforg back over here last year but Alabama is still closer to me than many parts of Georgia as is Florida so I subscribe to all three states knowing that boundaries are just for government and not for friends

I understand that statement. I'm 45 mins from Dothan and 5 mins from Florida.

Well I'm sitting in between the chattahoochie and flint river about a mile from lake semenole I'm less than 10 miles away from both states and I'm about 10 miles to Bainbridge the next biggest town is Tallahassee and Dothan both city's not even in Georgia the next city in Georgia is Thomasville or Albany both twice as far away

Did everyone know all chicken sales have been suspended. We can't sell any chickens till further notice.Three suspected cases of asian flu (bird flu).

Back
Top Bottom