Hello from Albuquerque!

CluckCluckG00se

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2024
Hello! I'm Megan, and I'm from Albuquerque, New Mexico.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I'm brand new to the chicken life, doing ALL the chicken research in preparation for my new feathered family.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 0 - looking to get 4-6

(3) What breeds do you have?
None at the moment - will likely be taking an older blue australorp from a friend and getting an assortment of baby chicks to keep her company (Buff orpington, speckled sussex, olive egger, Easter egger, silkie)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I'm looking forward to having quirky/friendly chickens that might tolerate some snuggles if I'm lucky 😊 and the eggs are a definite bonus!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I'm learning all about homesteading! I'm hoping to be able to incorporate a little more into my hectic life at the moment, starting with growing some herbs and vegetables this year.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I'm a mommy to a nearly 5 year old and an 18 month old. We have a super sweet 8-1/2 year old pit/heeler mix and two cats, all named after characters from the TV show, Lost! I work part-time as a systems engineer.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D It keeps popping up when I google my questions, so it was time I officially joined ☺️

Joining BYC is a great addition to your preparations; folks here have pretty much seen it all and done it all. Plus, they're always eager to help someone new!

It's great that you're giving a home to an older girl, and there's plenty of information here on how to introduce new chicks to her and vice versa. I like your potential breed choices.

Welcome to BYC, Megan, and please keep us posted when you get your babies!

BTW, characters from "Lost"? I like it!

1710584459710.png

4-6 chicken is a good number to start with.

Back
Top Bottom