Hello from Arkansas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by khonch, Apr 1, 2017.

1. khonch

khonch Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2017
    Arkansas
    Hi everyone, I've been doing a ton of research and keep running across this forum. Always have the answer I'm looking for, so thanks! I figured I'd go on and join. This is my first time owning a little flock so it's exciting. They're just so fun![​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Love the pic - those chicks look to be happy campers!

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Looks like your chicks jumped ship. Maybe they just wanted to be near a window. They are adorable. So glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under khonch [​IMG] Welcome!

What an adorable picture … I can imagine them saying “we are all growed up now and don’t need to stay in the brooder!”

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, khonch, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Happy you are enjoying your chickens and thank you for joining BYC! [​IMG]

6. khonch

Apr 1, 2017
    Arkansas
    I'm so glad! There are only so many chicken pictures to put on facebook before people believe you might have lost it! Hahaha
    Every time i opened the brooder they would all jump up there to play queen of the brooder.

7. khonch

Apr 1, 2017
    Arkansas
    Thank you! That was their favorite place to perch :) now theyre out in the coop with big girl roosts. :)

8. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Glad you're having fun with your birds!

9. khonch

Apr 1, 2017
    Arkansas
    Okay, for fear of sounding like a crazy chicken lady here.. we got the run completed today and finally moved my gurls out to the big girl coop. They absolutely loved the run up until it started getting dark. Then rhey were all huddled near the solar led garden lights we put all the way around the coop and run. I thought they'd feel safe once we put them in the coop but they chirped around in there for a while before settling down. I just went out to check on them (9:30) and they are all huddled up together right near the run door. They seem terrifies of the dark! Is this really a thing? I put one of the solar lights in there with them to try and calm them. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by