Hello from Aurora Colorado!

CountryBumpkin2011

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
Aurora, CO
So YAY! I am totally in love with this site! I have been perusing my way through for weeks but just now joining.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am a total newbie, but have read just about everybook at the bookstores around my town. I am starting on my coop now and will be placing the order for my new chickies next week. I want to have the coop and brooding area done before they arrive so I can focus on the little fuzz balls.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None, but I plan on ordering 4
D.gif

(3) What breeds do you have? I will be ordering the Barred Rocks, I like they are dual purpose and they seem hardy enough for our winters.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I searched for various topics on google and this site was ALL over them
caf.gif

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I garden fresh fruits and veggies for the fam (soil is rotten here so I can only use raised beds and pots), I LOVE reading usually I tend to gravitate to self sufficient living and paranormal romance lol yes I know wide range!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am currently a business consultant for a large insurance company in Colorado. We are all originally born and raised in Texas but was moved to CA for 9 months for my work (OMG we hated it!!) then moved again for my work to Colorado. We have been here for about a year and a half and really enjoy it. I am a momma to 3 beautiful kiddos (11..10..6) an airedale/lab mix, few fish, red shell crab, red eared slider (turtle), and a fantastic husband who is totally patient with all of my whacky ideas. My goal is to finish school (going for nursing), and move to acrege where we can have a small farm and try and live as self sustainably as possible.

So yeah, thats me in a nut shell
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom