Hello from Australia!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MummaHen94, Jan 15, 2017.

1. MummaHen94

MummaHen94 Just Hatched

Jan 15, 2017
    Queensland, Australia
    Hello fellow chicken lovers! I'm new to this forum, but not entirely new to chickens! I grew up with RIR/Isa Browns and a beautiful Houdan rooster. I currently have a flock of Australorp x Commercials and a few new 12 week (ish) Aracunas (which I am having trouble sexing).

I look forward to expanding my chicken knowledge and getting to know you all [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day and Welcome to Backyard Chickens. BYC has a large Aussie community and a dandy thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." You can post photos of your

birds at "what breed or gender is this," to have them sorted out for you.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, MummaHen94, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! You will find BYC to be a friendly and helpful site - thank you for joining!! [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congrats on your expanding flock! Make yourself at home here and thanks for joining us.

5. MummaHen94

MummaHen94 Just Hatched

Jan 15, 2017
    Queensland, Australia
    Thank you for the welcome everyone [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Howdy neighbour [​IMG] Welcome!

As mentioned, please do pop into the Aussie thread and say G’Day, you will be welcome: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-that-funny-little-island/32210#post_17957487

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by