Hello from Australia

fizz

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 18, 2011
NE Victoria, Australia
Hi ho!
frow.gif

I'm living with my little family on 2.5 acres here in the Victorian foothills of the Australian Alps (yes, we have mountains that have snow!). For the gardeners amongst you we align with your Zone 8a/8b. Our climate is primarily Mediterranean with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters. We're garden lovers - ornamental and fruit/vege - and are trying to take an organic approach to our environment.

Our foray into poultry has started with guinea fowl to discourage snakes, which in turn has energised us to finally start building a new chicken coop and run so we can have lovely fresh eggs from our own chooks. We're still in the information gathering phase to try and work out the best kind of coop to build. I look forward to learning from the wealth of experience I've seen here in my lurking phase!

Cheers,
Fizz

welcome-byc.gif
from the soggy side of Washington State. I love to garden also. The chicken poop is the greatest thing I have ever done for my garden.

Last edited:
frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif

I'm from the high desert, we get hot summers and cold winters with snow. I wouldn't change it for anything except lots of land. We are raising our little flock in the city and we dream of moving to a ranch and living off the land as it's intended for! Glad you joined us and looking forward to seeing your posts on here.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom