Hello from Brighton, England - First set in incubator today!

Brighton chick

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 2, 2014
Hello lovely Chicken lovers!

What a fantastic resource this has been... Have had total chicken fever for weeks, it's only going to get worse.... As I have just loaded (yes FULLY loaded) my Brinsea octagon 20 advance Ex today. Hopefully idiot proof.
23 various eggs, mm, ate the 24th one which had a hairline crack. Yes, def fertile... What a waste, but I didn't want to risk it. Tasted good though!

Hatching eggs: light Sussex, barnvelders, wyandottes and cream legbar from all over the country - thanks ebay for amazing choice.
Had freak out as my well hatched plan went egg shaped because 6 of them only arrived today, so I decided to set the first 17, (arrived y day) and will add others tomorrow when they've rested, rather than leave the first ones an extra day.
Lady said the wynadottes only take 20 days, don't know if that's true, but hey ho.

I have 4 happy RIRs since October, and in my attempt to acquire teenage quarters for the new chicks, will be ending up with 8 (yes I know I'm crazy) layers (black rocks and 2 stupid cream leg bars that lay gritty white eggs)and their house on Saturday. Am attempting to level ground for this new henhouse.

I will let them settle down for a week, then start to integrate them with my other girls.

Other than that, juggle business, 16 year old daughter, teach pottery, am starting a veg plot and occasionally love up my tropical fish, and koi outside.

Wild weather, roll on Spring :)
Gill

images

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your chicken adventures!

Back
Top Bottom