Hello from central IL

lorad

Songster
9 Years
Mar 9, 2010
Edelstein, IL
Hello- I live in central Illinois with my husband, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 4 cats, 1 gecko, 1 treefrog, and about 70 chickens. I raise black and white Javas, but my favorite are my Brahmas. The rest of my flock is made up of Americanas and Rhode Island reds. I'm working to maintain/preserve genetic diversity in the Java lines, and trying to breed more partridge Brahmas, along with my Darks and Buffs. My watchdogs are guinea fowl, and my husband would really like to have some peafowl. I've found someone locally who may sell me some eggs to try in my incubators- so we'll see!

I'm trying to connect with others who raise Brahmas and Javas, to find new genetic sources, and just generally talk chicken stuff. My husband and his friends just roll their eyes when I mention chickens.

A Texas size
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Southern IL.

Hello neighbor.

I LOVE Brahmas. I really want to get into breeding some nice stock. I lost all mine this year. And just have hatchery birds.

Do you have Buff and Lights? LF or bantam. I'm very interested!

Hi all,
My name is Cherisa and I'm from beautiful Zephyr Valley in Southeast MN. I've raised a few rounds of meat chickens and a few rounds of egg layers over the last two years. We have a terrible critter problem out here and right now I'm down to one poor lonely EE or Americauna or whatever we call her. I have four kids, a husband, a dog and a cat. I enjoy gardening and raising critters. I also work part time out of my home. I'm looking to order new chicks soon and am interested in having a variety of hens that lay a variety of egg colors. If I can keep the critters away from them I'd like to be able to sell the eggs next year.

Back
Top Bottom