Hello from central Missouri

Journey2Grace

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2021
Hello everyone! Since I'm usually a rule follower, I decided to follow the template. Note that I said 'usually' about following rules. ;)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I used to raise them before we moved. I'm in the process of getting the coop going.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None right now. Soon I hope.

(3) What breeds do you have?
No chickens but I have some New Zealand rabbits.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Raising chickens calms me, unless I'm dealing with predators. I love to watch them and I could do that all day long. Some people like to watch fish. I like to watch birds.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to garden, go hiking and camping, and just being outside. I also love to read, crochet, knit, and pretty much all things crafty. I also love canning what I grow in the garden.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am 52 years old. My husband is a truck driver. I keep the homestead going and I have my own business. I also have a craft business going. So I definitely stay busy. We currently have 8 rabbits, 4 dogs and 2 cats on our property. Working on a chicken coop and want to add chickens, ducks and possibly turkeys to our property.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I honestly found this forum while doing a search about something for my rabbits. I looked at the post and the comments and thought 'these are my people'. So I decided to join. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Back
Top Bottom