1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Ct

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dreiman9, Jan 15, 2016.

1. dreiman9

dreiman9 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2015
    Been lurking for the last two months, but finally submitted my order today on My Pet chicken for 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Buff Orps and 2 EE. Coming week of 4/18 hopefully. Loving all the tips, reviews and comments I have been reading so far and look forward to being active in the community. Thanks for the help so far! Planning on building a 4x8 shed style coop based on the plans on Ana-white.com. If you have any advice, let me know! thanks

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Have you checked out the coops section here? Many styles, sizes and different functions, including tractor coops. You may like posting on your state thread to ask what they do to winterize their breeds etc.

3. dreiman9

dreiman9 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2015
    Yes, a lot to browse through, still may switch my coop plan to follow

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on drumstick diva; definitely check out our Coops section. Also, if you haven't done so already, check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Getting new chicks is exciting! You chose some nice calm breeds, they should be a joy to raise.

Thanks for joining us, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

6. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC- great that you have joined our community! I use my shed as my coop and like the fact that I can modify it (meaning increasing the roosts cos chicken maths is something I am not immune from) easily.

Good luck with the build and your new chicken adventure!

Ct

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by