Hello from Dubuque, IA

Pics
Noticed some new behaviors today! They are scratching at the shavings and chasing each other playfully it seems, at least I haven't noticed any pecking or anything. Beginning to see an order become established. Tonight theygot some more celery trimmings and some green onion scraps

Aptly named, Scout, looking out from the top of the brooder.

In other news, things are going ok here, getting a little anxious about my coop getting here but I cant control what others do. I have been giving the girls scraps of lettuce, peppers, celery and brussel sprouts in a suet feeder to keep them busy. They are growing at a faster pace than I expected but thats ok. They are happy and healthy.

Attachments

• 20180410_064046.jpg
    20180410_064046.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 1
DEVELOPMENT: One of my ISA Browns disappeared without a trace! I had five and now I only have four! I tore apart the basement and still could not find her! She was there last night and this morning poof gone! I have a screen over the brooder to keep them in when I am not with them, no pets can get to them without supervision, no evidance of her being attacked or anything she just vanished!

DEVELOPMENT: One of my ISA Browns disappeared without a trace! I had five and now I only have four! I tore apart the basement and still could not find her! She was there last night and this morning poof gone! I have a screen over the brooder to keep them in when I am not with them, no pets can get to them without supervision, no evidance of her being attacked or anything she just vanished!

I just found buried undef the bedding. She was the runt so I think she may have been shunned. Im gutted at the moment. I know loss comes with the territory but it still sucks.

Well I am still waiting to hear on my coop, i decided to build a hoop coop if my brother doesnt get back to me asap. I went ahead and built a small enclosue for them in our basement (4x8) for the time being much more room than the stock tank that I had them in.

I'll bet you're tired of chicken dust.... I moved the brooder to my woodshop in the barn, instead of the garage. I must have an inch of dander on everything.

Back
Top Bottom