Hello from East Texas!

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

So glad to have you join our community! Feel free to make yourself at home
caf.gif

How come you didn't like the calli whites? (just curious) Enjoy your flock!

They just didn't lay nearly as well as the others, and we were putting more feed into them than we were getting eggs back. The two combined were giving me fewer eggs than my comet alone, and they were small eggs at that. I think they were just poor specimens of their breed since I understand California whites are supposed to be good layers. They might have avoided the freezer, but they weren't friendly either.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. My wife and I were both raised in east Texas. Which part of east Texas are you from? Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our children. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

I currently live outside of Palestine (about an hour south of Tyler). My three year old absolutely adores her little flock, and she's already excited about our new babies coming in a couple weeks!

I currently live outside of Palestine (about an hour south of Tyler). My three year old absolutely adores her little flock, and she's already excited about our new babies coming in a couple weeks!

My wife is from Blue Ridge, TX, and I was raised in Greenville, TX. Greenville used to play football against Tyler (maybe still does; that was a lot of years ago). :eek:)

I am in Jasper, Texas. South of you. My adult daughters live near Palestine. I have 8 Opingtons. They will be a week old tomorrow. I love watching them. They already climb on my hand when I place it in front of them. This is so much fun.

I am in Jasper, Texas. South of you. My adult daughters live near Palestine. I have 8 Opingtons. They will be a week old tomorrow. I love watching them. They already climb on my hand when I place it in front of them. This is so much fun.

Orpingtons are a wonderful breed. I've raised them for years and still have some in my flock. They are hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of ours), and good layers of large brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom