Hello from Estacada, Oregon! :)

RavenWyn

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2024
I have had my chickens since 2015. I live in Estacada, Oregon at about 1300 feet elevation near Mt. Hood.

I currently have 1 French Black Maran, 3 Copper Marans, 1 Red Sexlink, 1 Salmon Faverolle & 2 Lavender Orpingtons (all hens). I had one Lavender Orpington rooster and he was mean, so I am sticking with hens if possible.

I have had various chicken breeds over the years, but want to focus on Black Marans since their temperament seems most compatible with mine. :) So if anyone here knows of a hatchery I can order from, that would be great. I would eventually like to try my hand at hatching eggs.

I also have Shetland Sheepdogs, Collies and Shetland Sheep on my farm.

I am a "stay at home" animal momma. My human children are now adults. I am divorced, so I am now able to focus on the farm in my own way.

I found BYC years ago and found it helpful, but finally decided to become a member.

Thanks for letting me share.

Corina

:welcome I'm in Brightwood, not far from you :) Have you checked Burns Feed Store Chick schedule for Black Marans? You can reserve them OR they have "no chick left behind" Mondays... I get my chicks every Spring from Burns. Most of them are from Privett and I've had great luck (Fran the Chicken lady is the very best at sexing Chicks.) They just started using Jenks too. GOOD LUCK.

Back
Top Bottom