Hello from Estacada, Oregon! :)

:welcome I'm in Brightwood, not far from you :) Have you checked Burns Feed Store Chick schedule for Black Marans? You can reserve them OR they have "no chick left behind" Mondays... I get my chicks every Spring from Burns. Most of them are from Privett and I've had great luck (Fran the Chicken lady is the very best at sexing Chicks.) They just started using Jenks too. GOOD LUCK.
Hi SandyRiverChick, Burns is where I get all of my chickens, but they do not have true French Black Marans on their schedule. My only French Black Maran hen is now 8 years old. So it hasn't been since 8 years ago that they had them in. I am not sure whch hatchery they purchase from. I love Fran! The only day I went in that she wasn't there was the day I got a roo! LOL

Hi SandyRiverChick, Burns is where I get all of my chickens, but they do not have true French Black Marans on their schedule. My only French Black Maran hen is now 8 years old. So it hasn't been since 8 years ago that they had them in. I am not sure whch hatchery they purchase from. I love Fran! The only day I went in that she wasn't there was the day I got a roo! LOL
That is true, they get true French Black Copper Marans from Privett every year but not French Black Marans. They source Privett in AZ where Fran is from.... And newly a couple breeds from Jenks in Oregon. I can't tell you how many people have told me that same thing about Roo's when Fran is not there, crazy!
IMG_E1654.JPG

That is true, they get true French Black Copper Marans from Privett every year but not French Black Marans. They source Privett in AZ where Fran is from.... And newly a couple breeds from Jenks in Oregon. I can't tell you how many people have told me that same thing about Roo's when Fran is not there, crazy!
View attachment 3791836

Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom