Hello from...everywhere!! Army wife & chicken lover

TrishSki

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 26, 2012
Hello all!

My name is Trish and I'm an Army Wife and chicken lover. I have always dreamed of having our own backyard chickens...but with my husband being in the Army, we move so often, I never thought it was possible. Until now! We live in Maine currently but just found out we're headed to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas in April for 4 years! We've decided to buy a house off Post with a little land and finally have those chickens! I'm toying with the idea of starting our chickens out here and moving them with us, but I am concerned about the stress of a move on them. So I'm researching and learning as much as I can before we finally get them! We have a 2 year old son named Jack and I am SO excited that he will grow up loving and appreciating chickens. And hopefully, pigs and goats too! ;)

I am so happy to be here and I look forward to posting with you all and getting to know you real well!

Thanks for reading,
Trish

welcome-byc.gif

Howdy from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to hear you're coming to the Sunflower State! It's been a hot - really hot - summer but looks like we might be easing into fall...the perfect time to get your chicken project off the ground. Best of luck to you as you get your chicken farm up and running!!
celebrate.gif

welcome-byc.gif
So glad you joined us! Believe me, you will love your chickens. Our girls think they're cats or something! They march up to you and stare you down until you pick them up and carry them around! They are DEFINATELY spoiled! Are you looking into getting a rooster? We don't have one but he will do anything to protect his girls. Oh, and have you thought about what breed of chicken you want? Personally, I favor my Ameraucanas over other kinds. They lay blue, green, or pink eggs everyday! And might I say those eggs are delicious. They are also the most friendly in the coop. I also have Buff Brahmas (they have fuzzy feet and are soo cute!) and a Rhode Island Red. I'm sure you will be able to come up with the cutest names for your girls! Have fun and best of luck!
frow.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom