Hello from Georgia

Thats nonsence mine feathered out inside in 2 weeks and grew fast but I could keep a better eye on them inside rather than run outside 50 times a day to check. And theres no proof that they get pasty but any less out side. And if you read the original post she is still building her coop.
I'm going to agree with @DobieLover
I respect your right to your opinion, but we all have different experiences. Dobie has years of experience and successful chicken husbandry.

I've raised all my chicks in the coop, with or without a broody hen.
I'm sure it's healthier for them, and for me. They are also much easier to integrate into the flock, when raised in an outdoor brooder.

I'm going to agree with @DobieLover
I respect your right to your opinion, but we all have different experiences. Dobie has years of experience and successful chicken husbandry.

I've raised all my chicks in the coop, with or without a broody hen.
I'm sure it's healthier for them, and for me. They are also much easier to integrate into the flock, when raised in an outdoor brooder.
I also have years of experience and then some. Doesnt mean its healthier which its not. They are subject to more diseases and such. I just dont like pushing baby chicks to the outside when they are much easier to watch and take care of closer to you, everyones missing the point. But do what you want I will keep mine close and protect them lol

Back
Top Bottom