Hello from Germany, Bavaria

GabrielBernard

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2022
I grew up in a small town with farms all around me.
The neighbours had chickens, we had ducks and therefor baby ducks.

I have been searching for a place to move to where I can keep some chickens of different breeds and maybe turn them into a new two purpose chicken.
Yeah there are already quite a few breeds who would fullfill that, but I want a colourfull flock of different birds, and then things will happen...so I thought, why not?
A breeder who tried to do similiar things here in germany, who I got in contact with, has moved away and given up on his project to make a healthier meat chicken who also lays a nice number of eggs, a two purpose hybrid he hoped to turn into a breed.

And on accident, more or less, I stumbled upon this forum and the Toad thread.
I read through it in less than a full day.
I haven't checked yet if there are more threads from the people who got toads and continued it, but I will.

Also, if you wanna chat, feel free to do so.
I also have experience with handraising wild birds, hedgehogs, goats, sheep...I have worked for a wild life society and raised animals for them but..I am getting older and tired, and I just want a nice big garden and poultry running around in it, to come home to after a day of work and relax there with my pardner.

http://hetzenecker-kueken.de/?page_id=43
This is where I will get some meat hybrids and french two purpose chickens (Les Gaulois-Les Bleues) for a mix. Because they raise their own parent birds and produce under organic standards which are much more critical of a birds health than industry standards.
So I can be sure the meat hybrids won't kick the bucket as easily.
And then I am just gonna pick up any breeds I like, like Brahma, Cochin, German Faverolles and whatever I can get around here.

http://bauernhuhn.de/zuchtschema/
This site will go down soon, so I will translate their breeding for anyone interested. It is the two purpose hybrid with up to 10 pounds and 200eggs a year.
Not sure if the hubbard are similiar to the CX, but they look similiar.

Any ideas about that?
So yeah, happy to be here and gockgock from Gabriel.

Back
Top Bottom