Hello from Guttenberg, Iowa

NEIAMuscovies

In the Brooder
Feb 5, 2017
Northeast Iowa, USA
Hello,
I have been rasieing muscovies ducks and chickens since I was a child with my grandpa. I have now gotten my husband involved and my kids enjoy feeding time and help out. We currently raise and sell our muscovies and butcher 2 or 3 for ourselves. We are currently free range but are looking to pen the ducks up due to the destruction of our yard. Our chickens are a black speckled and a red. We recently added two a lavender and a dark red maned rooster named Coco. Our white Golden mane rooster (not sure of breeds) seems to terrorizes the hens and really hurt Coco. My husband thinks he is a cock fighter breed so we have to pen him up separately. He did breed one of the speckled hens and we got our Chuck. He was hatched by a duck who invaded the hen house. He was our only chick so he was raised with ducklings and has identity issues. Lol. That about sums us up.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I've loved reading your intro and getting to know more about your flock. They sure do sound an interesting bunch! Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Hello there, and welcome to the coop! I am so glad you decided to join the flock and I hope you'll make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

G’Day from down under NEIAMuscovies
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the interesting intro, it's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom