Hello from HenStack22

HenStack22

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2023
Hi! My family got started raising chickens last year, when we bought 3 chicks from our local feed store. The girls are now about 9 months old, and they are all laying eggs happily. Deza is a Lavender Orpington, Flumpo is an Easter Egger, and little Jan is a Cream Legbar. Jan is the smallest of the three, perhaps due to some digestive issues she had early in life. Thanks to posts on this forum, I was able to diagnose it and help her get better.

Recently, Jan has developed a sore leg, which prompted me to join this group officially.

My husband's family had chickens when he was a child, but this is my first experience with chickens. Our girls live in an Eglu, and they keep us entertained with their personalities and activities.

In my non-chicken hours, I'm a librarian at our local public library, and my husband homeschools & takes care of our kids.

It's great to be here!

Hi! My family got started raising chickens last year, when we bought 3 chicks from our local feed store. The girls are now about 9 months old, and they are all laying eggs happily. Deza is a Lavender Orpington, Flumpo is an Easter Egger, and little Jan is a Cream Legbar. Jan is the smallest of the three, perhaps due to some digestive issues she had early in life. Thanks to posts on this forum, I was able to diagnose it and help her get better.

Recently, Jan has developed a sore leg, which prompted me to join this group officially.

My husband's family had chickens when he was a child, but this is my first experience with chickens. Our girls live in an Eglu, and they keep us entertained with their personalities and activities.

In my non-chicken hours, I'm a librarian at our local public library, and my husband homeschools & takes care of our kids.

It's great to be here!
Welcome to BYC!!

R.85528b60c747d7ad4fa06ab5a70bf8a4

Hey there, and welcome to BYC.

I also have a lame hen. In my bird's case, I think she strained or sprained her hock (her elbow?) getting her foot caught. It has never gone away. She seems to hang in there and is a tough little bird. I hope your hurt chicken gets better. I have tried warm epsom salt soaks on her leg and then some PRID drawing salve. She does not like being treated, but she also doesn't like being lame. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom