Hello from Idaho!

happygoldenyears

In the Brooder
Nov 17, 2018
Idaho
Hello! I'm Jessica! :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes! I got them and ducks in February of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

4 chickens: Aurora, Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather (and yes, their ankle bands match the fairies' colors from Sleeping Beauty!), and 4 ducks: Meg, Jo, Laura, and Caroline.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Rhode Island Reds and Khaki Campbells

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

The eggs, and the entertainment factor. They are so fun to watch!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading to my kids, gardening (we're turning our small city lot into a "mini farm"), art, reading, hiking, going to church, cooking, natural health through nutrition and herbs.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have 4 kids, ages 9, 4, 3, and 22 months. We homeschool, so I'm pretty busy with doing that... We also have 2 pet rabbits that we also use for fertilizer. Their cage is over a tub full of food scraps and worms, so it all gets composted. As if I don't have enough people and animals to take care of, we're also hoping to get a collie next spring. :)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found it back when we first got our chicks and ducklings and I had a lot of questions. I finally joined because I have a lot of questions and usually can find answers, but sometimes I need advice tailored to people in the north who have to deal with snow.

Hello Jessica! Welcome to Backyard Chickens you must know we are all enablers Welcome Cool.gif

Hello Jessica and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Enjoy your little farmette in the city.
I too love whole healthy foods. I posted 2 of my recipes on my page. One uses lots of those wonderful eggs we collect daily and the other uses lots of veggies that we grow from our garden. Check them out. I think you might like them!

Back
Top Bottom