Hello from Idaho.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ranchmomma2, Mar 21, 2015.

1. ranchmomma2

ranchmomma2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2015
    Hi all. I am a ranch wife and mom and long time chicken fan. I showed Old English game bantams and cochins in 4-h for many years. I had a wonderful egg laying flock too, but hadto rehome them when we moved to a different ranch that was not chicken friendly. Anyway I am looking to build up a small flock again now that we are somewhere new and very chicken friendly yay! Iam looking for australorps and wyandottes if anybody knows anybody. Thank you and have a blessed day!!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, congratulations on your new home, and good luck in establishing your flock.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Lovely to hear you are now able to start a new flock at your new home :celebrate
    Drop by the buy sell trade section for any australorps or wyandottes for sale. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade
    Once you have a post count of 20 you can take part in this section.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new flock. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    [​IMG] Hello and Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]
    Glad you decided to join. There is tons of information on here, so I'm sure you'll find answers to all your questions.

[​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    How nice, a new home and a fresh start. You may also want to head for "where am I, where are you," in the social forum. You then can locate and post on your state thread and find out what's going on chicken-wise.

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Australorps (my personal favorite standard breed) and Wyandottes are both wonderful breeds; hardy, docile, and very good layers of large brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in locating some available Australorps and Wyandottes.

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] I'm glad you joined us.

I hope you can find the Wyandottes and Australorps that you're looking for! Those are two excellent breeds to start with. I've really enjoyed my Wyandottes especially.[​IMG]

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

Good luck finding the breeds you want! Australorps and Wyandottes are both hardy, productive, generally docile breeds.

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

So glad that you have decided to join us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by