Hello from Indiana!

Do you believe Diatamacious earth is effective against parasitic worms, mites, and ticks?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Why?

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Bar B

Chirping
Sep 6, 2018
I am looking forward to learning everything I can about our chicken ladies. We started our venture this year, 2018, the last of March and then had to have some more in April! Lovestruck for sure!
we have 2 of : Bar rocks, Black sexlinks, Isa Browns, and Amber links. 1 Amberlink didn't make it the first week.
Bar rocks started laying the first of June, lots of small, gelatinous type eggs . All others soon followed suite with the Black sexLinks the last to lay which was late August.
Our Hens are pasture raised and give us lots of entertainment through out the day. It's amazing what they will do to retrieve a flying or crawling meal!
I look forward to being a part of Back Yard Chickens and making new chicken friends!

:frow Welcome to BYC!!! :woot If they are laying gelatinous eggs, it sounds like they need more calcium. Do they have a side dish full of oyster shell?
Not
They are not laying gelatinous eggs now, that was how they started their first eggs back in June.
Their eggs are large and beautiful now! Oyster shell is made available in a side bowl as they want it.

Back
Top Bottom