Hello From Indiana

Nov 29, 2020
Indiana
Hello!
My name is Britt and I am from Indiana. I have been involved in agricultural most of my life. From being in 4-H as a kid to being a former Agriculture Extension Agent, I have been around livestock of many forms. Over the last year, I have developed a new found passion for chickens. Check out my chicken village here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-building-of-chicken-village.1431946/

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I started my flock about a year ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Barred Rock
Black Sex Link
Ameraucanas
Buff Orpingtons
Whiting True Geens
Blue Andalusians

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Out of my 17 chickens, 9 are roosters. They have their own coop and are free range. The ladies are segregated to their own coop and run. Despite what anyone thinks, roosters are the best! They are my hilarious little minions who follow me around everywhere I go.

AACE158B-6C71-4A29-AB00-7EA6353EC68B.jpeg

They all have amazing unique personalities like my favorite guy Birdo. This is from his recent bio from a Meet My Chicken Challenge:
My full name is: Birdo Baggins
My favorite thing to do is: Sit in my human lady’s lap. I also like to walk around the perimeter of the house and follow her from room to room. I then sit and gaze at her through the windows and sing her beautiful songs of my people until she comes and gives me attention.
Am I a holdable chicken or a ‘look but don’t touch’ kind of chicken?:
When I hear my human lady return home, I run as fast as I can and scream at the top of my lungs to greet her. I then do a little dance at her feet until she picks me up and gives me snuggles. When she is outside, I must be with her enjoying relaxation time, such as laying in the hammock, swinging on the porch swing, or simply sitting on her.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Making stained glass, hiking, and anything outdoors.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I work for a seed company (corn, soybeans, etc). I also have two beagles who are very spoiled.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-building-of-chicken-village.1431946/

Hello!
My name is Britt and I am from Indiana. I have been involved in agricultural most of my life. From being in 4-H as a kid to being a former Agriculture Extension Agent, I have been around livestock of many forms. Over the last year, I have developed a new found passion for chickens. Check out my chicken village here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-building-of-chicken-village.1431946/

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I started my flock about a year ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Barred Rock
Black Sex Link
Ameraucanas
Buff Orpingtons
Whiting True Geens
Blue Andalusians

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Out of my 17 chickens, 9 are roosters. They have their own coop and are free range. The ladies are segregated to their own coop and run. Despite what anyone thinks, roosters are the best! They are my hilarious little minions who follow me around everywhere I go.

View attachment 2433690
They all have amazing unique personalities like my favorite guy Birdo. This is from his recent bio from a Meet My Chicken Challenge:
My full name is: Birdo Baggins
My favorite thing to do is: Sit in my human lady’s lap. I also like to walk around the perimeter of the house and follow her from room to room. I then sit and gaze at her through the windows and sing her beautiful songs of my people until she comes and gives me attention.
Am I a holdable chicken or a ‘look but don’t touch’ kind of chicken?:
When I hear my human lady return home, I run as fast as I can and scream at the top of my lungs to greet her. I then do a little dance at her feet until she picks me up and gives me snuggles. When she is outside, I must be with her enjoying relaxation time, such as laying in the hammock, swinging on the porch swing, or simply sitting on her.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Making stained glass, hiking, and anything outdoors.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I work for a seed company (corn, soybeans, etc). I also have two beagles who are very spoiled.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-building-of-chicken-village.1431946/
1606528678036.jpg

Back
Top Bottom