Hello!!! from Indiana

mommaclucker

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 18, 2012
Indiana
Hi all my name is Nicole Ive always wanted to raise chickens and finally have the chance now that we moved to a 10 acre farm in Indiana. I believe my husband thinks Ive gone crazy but has been very kind to turn over a portion of his new garage for a brooder area and a spare bedroom as a hatching area lol I have 24 blue orps 12 lavender orps and 7 barred rock eggs baking and 5 barn yard mix 9 buff orps in my coop and 12 silkies and 12 more barn yard mix in the brooder.Ive got loads of information on hatching and housing from this site just wanted to thank everyone for all the valuable information :)

welcome-byc.gif

I'm in Indiana, too! Chickens are great and it sounds like you're going to have some beautiful ones running around your farm! :)

what part of Indiana are you from? im in south eastern Indiana. I love to just go out to the coop and sit with them lol there so entertaining and they already associate my voice with food if they hear me on the porch talking they will get to yelling for me to come bring treats :)

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You got a nice (big) collection of chickens! Good luck with the hatch!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've already told everyone if they dont want a chicken for christmas better not come to my house lol is anyone joing the NYD hatch-a-long it sounds like alot of fun

SIMZ my DH has family that lives in Goshen/Elkhart area the last time we went to visit it was soooo cold and snow everywhere. Im in no hurry to go visit again in the winter. Im already complaining about the cold and its just now gotten into the 20's at night lol

Back
Top Bottom