Hello from Ireland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Smurfypop, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Smurfypop

Smurfypop New Egg

Mar 24, 2016
    Ireland
    Hello Everyone on BYC!

I'm Sophie and I'm from Ireland [​IMG]. Last Summer I got these little guys, Puddles and Moby (Moby Duck had a good ring to it) my Saxony Ducks! I knew nothing about raising ducks, I just read everything and asked anyone I could. I've joined BYC finally today because I have so many questions. In December I go them two girlfriends - Cara and Penny - who have started laying, I have started making my own incubator and hopefully i'll have more ducklings in a few months but i have so many questions about this tricky process. I look forward to talking to you guys and sharing stories and information I've picked up on the way.

Ciao for now,
    Sophie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Sophie and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us.

Good luck with your incubator design and be sure to share your progress on the "incubating and hatching eggs" forum. As I'm sure you are aware, there's a duck forum here, as well as lots of threads on a whole range of interests, so please make yourself at home.

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Sophie, very nice to meet you. Welcome to Backyard chickens. I've never had ducks or incubated, so your questions would best be answered on the Duck thread. Your babies are adorable.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by