Hello from Kentucky...home of the "7 Dwarves"

TrueBlueKYGirl

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Northern Kentucky
Hey all, I am new here and to my chicks. I live in Northern Kentucky, in a subdivision. I did all my homework, to be honest it has taken me a year to get to the point of "bringing home Baby!" I went to TSC last week, my son wanted to go with me to get them. I planned on 6 and ended up with 7 They are about 2 weeks old now. My son picked one to be his pet, he selected a White Leghorn and I got 6 Red Sex Links. We decided to name the brood the "7 Dwarves". His specifically is "Bubba", fingers crossed it's a female.

I'm amazed at how fast they are growing, we do handle them to socialize them. My cats in the house could careless, the dogs, well one has went into "momma overdrive'. She is very protective of them, pretty cool

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC.
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, these feed stores are enablers this time of year. What with all the peep peep peeping you can't help but come home with more chicks than planned!!

If you need any tips and hints on raising your new flock, stop by our learning center here on BYC for lots of good reads on all the aspects of keeping your new flock....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

So glad you could join our community! Enjoy your new chicks and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

If you want to get their attention try this.....
1 hard boiled egg remove shell and mash then serve to them chicks yum, yum and it is all natural medicine for them dating back ages also it will help improve the immune system and one every day for the first week really improves the over all health
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Hi and welcome,
One of our dogs went into "momma mode" as well and we laughed for weeks. I bet the poor dog didn't sleep more then an hour at a time then up she would go to make sure her babies were ok. I can't wait to here more about your chicken adventures!

Thanks everyone, I have spent quiet a bit of time in the Learning Center and the forums. I've actually been a "lurker" this past year or so. I'm one of those people that likes to educate myself before I jump in, because even though I cant swim it's usually with both feet in the deep end. ;)

Back
Top Bottom