Hello from Long Island NY

jgemelli

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 1, 2011
Hi fellow Chicken enthusiasts. Due to some neighbors getting divorced I am getting 6 Hens (the hens got the worst of the deal as they are homeless)

Luckily I checked with my town and I can have up to 6 hens legally on my property (no roosters allowed)

So being on Long Island where it gets pretty cold over the winter I am moving into high gear on building a coop and run in quick fashion.

I will be posting my plans and progress in the build area.

Mostly I hope to get some eggs and teach the boys 5 and 10 years some responsibility.. I am sure I will do most/all of the work but if I could just get them to feed scraps to the birds it would be a start.

This site rocks and has already answered ton of questions for me!

John

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes! A fellow NYer. Nice. Best of luck with your construction and your new family members.

Welcome from Long Island!! There's a few of us here, I am still finding new things out everyday. We have a link, but I'd be dipped in chickenpoop if I could figure out how to post a thread.... It's Southern NY, Dutchess county and below. Hope to hear from you soon about your new girls, and good luck with them. They are the best pets ever! Roberta from Ridge

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom