Hello from Melbourne Australia

Chickenlover26

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 2, 2014
Hello all. Glad to be part of this community,i have found this site extremely useful.
I am relatively new to this chicken obsession thing but now i'm hooked, completely. I am the mad bird woman in our street... :) Currently i have four, isa brown, leghorn cross, 2 wyandottes, silver and gold laced. Looking forward to expanding my flock..

Last edited:
frow.gif
Welcome to our flock!! We are always glad to help with any questions you might have.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join us. You have a beautiful flock and some great layers. Isa Brown is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, which are produced by crossing a red gene rooster with a silver gene hen. The resulting offspring can be sexed by color from hatching (male chicks are whitish, female chicks are reddish), and like all Red Sex Links, Isa Browns are egg laying machines, outlaying either parent breed. It's one of the interesting quirks of hybridization. Your going to get loads of eggs from those four girls. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

G'day and welcome to Backyard chickens. You may also be interested in the aussie thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." What a nice flock you have? Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Love the pics! Thanks for sharing.

Good morning and welcome to BYC! If you have any questions, just ask...lots of knowledgeable and friendly people here. Thanks for sharing pictures of your birds!

Back
Top Bottom