Hello from Michigan newbie

Welcome to BYC. Tracy! Glad you decided to join our flock. Your chickens are actually Easter Eggers rather than true Ameraucanas. Easter Eggers are hybrids produced by crossing true Ameraucanas (which lay only blue eggs) with other breeds to produce offspring that lay eggs in other colors besides just blue. The hatcheries frequently and incorrectly market these Easter Eggers under the labels, Araucana or Ameraucana (often misspellled Americana or Americauana). There is a good article on the difference between Araucanas, Ameraucanas, and Easter Eggers at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html. Easter Eggers usually outlay their blue egg laying parents, and they are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs they lay. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Very nice Easter Eggers, your rooster is going to be a pretty boy!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Wonderful pics, thank you for sharing!

Hi everyone, thanks for all the welcomes. Just wanted to show off a more recent picture of my rooster and some of my other pets. I love how beautiful my rooster is but he's starting to get a big aggressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a more recent picture of my rooster. I love his colors but I'm concerned because he's getting a bit aggressive

Back
Top Bottom