Hello from middle Georgia! I am almost a new chicken mom…

Welcome to BYC! There is a lot of great information on all things poultry here. You can look up any questions you have in the Search bar and read from numerous old threads and articles. If you can not find an answer to your question feel free to start your own thread! Good luck!

Also, your macaw is gorgeous!
Thank you! I have been learning a lot here already, it’s great! And thank you for the compliment on my macaw, her name is Jessie and she is quite a character! She has been from Georgia to Alaska to Arizona, and now back to Georgia!

Hi everyone! We had chickens and a couple of ducks when I was about nine years old (that was MANY moons ago!). My husband and I are building a chicken tractor with coop, and we will be getting 3 lavender Orpington pullets and one cockerel. For a start, anyway. I am also getting Guinea fowl keets :) The more I read the less I know I know lol. I don’t have any questions just yet, but I am absolutely convinced that I will! I have a blue and gold hybrid macaw that I raised from nine weeks of age, and she is now 28 years old, but I think it’s like comparing apples to oranges. She won’t be associating with the chickens and keets of course, and with bird flu in areas of the country I will be extra cautious about bringing germs inside.
I know almost nothing about Orpingtons and guinea fowl so would love any stories y’all might have to tell. And advice and tips 😁 are greatly appreciated!
Read the thread Raising Guinea Fowl 101 and pay particular attention to posts made by @PeepsCA .

Guinea Fowl forum.

Back
Top Bottom