Hello From Midland, TX

z50Stunter

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
hello all, we recently ordered some chicks from McMurray, but out of they made their trip in the freeze we had last Monday, and when we got them they all looked dead. I started doing some researching and found this site and decided to join. :) we contacted McMurray and they are re-sending the order, and we tried to thaw the rest. Initially 13 of them woke up, but over the next few days all but 2 ended up dying. But as fate would have it, 'chicken math' has already set in with my wife, and I got home from work yesterday to find 8 chicks in the brooder. She told me that she went to TSC and saw the chicks and HAD to get some lol So I guess when the others get here we will have 33
tongue.png

images

Sorry for your losses with the first batch of chicks. Having chicks shipped this time of year can be risky business because it is still so cold outside. But great that TSC came to the rescue and added to your flock!!

Welcome to BYC and enjoy all your new babies!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about the loss of the first shipment of chicks, hope the second gets here safely. Glad you were able to get chicks at TSC, chicken math strikes again.

Hello Midland and welcome to BYC. So sorry to hear of your losses. Good luck with the new chicks.

Thanks, y'all . It's supposed to be a lot warmer next week so I think they'll do good, but one never knows about west texas weather, it was almost 90 yesterday and in the 40s today

Back
Top Bottom