Hello from Miller Ranch in Riverside, CA!

Resurrecting an old thread in hopes of getting some help.

I'm beginning to mount an effort to change current chicken zoning laws in the city of Riverside, similar to that done in many municipalities across the US... As discussed at length in the forums here and elsewhere online.

I've made some initial contacts with the city of Riverside planning department and city council, but I would like to start getting together a list of interested supporters.

If you are a city of Riverside resident, or know of a city of Riverside resident, that would like to offer support, sign a petition, etc., please contact me. Seems like there is a decent amount of Riverside people on this site, so hopefully it can be a springboard.

If you or someone you know someone has experience with the city of Riverside planning department and zoning ordinances, I would also love to bend your ear.

Its crazy that I live in Mission Grove are on just under 20,000 sf lot and can't legally keep a few chickens. Anyone have problems with Riverside zoning/code enforcement?

I'm beginning to mount an effort to change current chicken zoning laws in the city of Riverside, similar to that done in many municipalities across the US... As discussed at length in the forums here and elsewhere online.

I've made some initial contacts with the city of Riverside planning department and city council, but I would like to start getting together a list of interested supporters.

If you are a city of Riverside resident, or know of a city of Riverside resident, that would like to offer support, sign a petition, etc., please contact me. Seems like there is a decent amount of Riverside people on this site, so hopefully it can be a springboard.

If you or someone you know someone has experience with the city of Riverside planning department and zoning ordinances, I would also love to bend your ear.

Its crazy that I live in Mission Grove are on just under 20,000 sf lot and can't legally keep a few chickens. Anyone have problems with Riverside zoning/code enforcement?
images

You can check out the Chicken Laws and How to Change Them section here on BYC and maybe someone can help you there...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

Or go to your states thread and do some chatting there with others in your area....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

I hope you are able to get your chickens soon!

Our family liver in River Side from 1912 to 1988 on 13 th and Vine right next to
the 14 th St off-ramp and my Grandmother had chickens till 1986 when she passed
away from old age of 85 ......... So what part of River Side do you live in that is not
allowing chickens it must be a really civilized a crowed part now is it chickens or the
Roosters that are offending those that live around you ........

gander007
old.gif

According to article 19 Of Riverside municipal code, no chickens in the entire city of Riverside, unless you are zone RR and have over 20,000 square foot lot (roughly half acre). Not sure how long the current municipal code has been in effect, I think 2009?

Just need to start getting some other Riverside supporters.

According to article 19 Of Riverside municipal code, no chickens in the entire city of Riverside, unless you are zone RR and have over 20,000 square foot lot (roughly half acre). Not sure how long the current municipal code has been in effect, I think 2009?

Just need to start getting some other Riverside supporters.

Alright that maybe as my Great Grandfather did buy 3/4 of the block and it was over 60,000 sq ft of sand, gravel and rock
the zoning was M4 or something like that and I am sure you have seen the area if you drive the 91 freeway as today the
property where my Grandmother lived is now the parking lot for the train station ...........

The funny thing is some of the old photos my grandmother had showing the property the 91 freeway was a dirt road and
the railroad had not been put in ........

My family and I have recently moved to Riverside and were bummed to hear about the zoning laws in Riverside. I would love to help change the laws.

Back
Top Bottom