Hello from New Hampshire

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CathyT, Jun 14, 2010.

1. CathyT

CathyT New Egg

Jun 14, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hello from New Hampshire!

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Well, I am a first time chicken rancher. I decided after years of reading and watching others to try out some chickens for the summer.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 27 (and one free exotic chick named Chubaca with hairy legs) We ordered them through the mail from a hatchery and after relieving the post office of the cheeping box at 5:30 am on a Monday morning we brought them home. (I think the postal officer was a little nervous about the noisy box.)

(3) What breeds do you have? Cornish cross and Chewy, the mystery chicken. Possibly a silkie? I really have no idea. He looks like a hairy-legged chipmunk with the head of a hawk.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Googling chicken forums. It would be nice to talk to others about raising these interesting creatures.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, building web sites, digital graphics

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am about to become a technology teacher when I finish my degree in the fall. I have a dog, a cat, and some goldfish.

Looking forward to learning about chickens, Cathy

2. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] from Goffstown!!

3. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    [​IMG] from right down below.

4. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    [​IMG]

From another from the Live Free or Die State!!!!

5. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from south carolina. [​IMG]

6. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. CathyT

CathyT New Egg

Jun 14, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for the great welcome. I can ee that I need to check in more often.[​IMG]

8. NWChicks

NWChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Granite Falls, WA
    [​IMG] from WA! I loved your description of your "big hairy legged chipmunk with the head of a hawk". I have no idea what type of bird that might be but I have a great mental picture now that probably looks nothing like him! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by