Hello from New Hampshire

CathyT

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 14, 2010
New Hampshire
Hello from New Hampshire!

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Well, I am a first time chicken rancher. I decided after years of reading and watching others to try out some chickens for the summer.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 27 (and one free exotic chick named Chubaca with hairy legs) We ordered them through the mail from a hatchery and after relieving the post office of the cheeping box at 5:30 am on a Monday morning we brought them home. (I think the postal officer was a little nervous about the noisy box.)

(3) What breeds do you have? Cornish cross and Chewy, the mystery chicken. Possibly a silkie? I really have no idea. He looks like a hairy-legged chipmunk with the head of a hawk.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Googling chicken forums. It would be nice to talk to others about raising these interesting creatures.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, building web sites, digital graphics

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am about to become a technology teacher when I finish my degree in the fall. I have a dog, a cat, and some goldfish.

Looking forward to learning about chickens, Cathy

welcome-byc.gif
from Goffstown!!

welcome-byc.gif
from WA! I loved your description of your "big hairy legged chipmunk with the head of a hawk". I have no idea what type of bird that might be but I have a great mental picture now that probably looks nothing like him!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom