1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from NJ USA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SillySilkyMom, Dec 28, 2009.

1. SillySilkyMom

SillySilkyMom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2009
    Northern New Jersey
    Hello from northern NJ! I currently have 15 Silkies that I hatched spring of '09. They have just started laying, and I'm getting about 1 egg a day. I also have 15 Coturnix Quails, 3 dogs (1 is mine the other 2 are my sisters), and 2 cats. In the mix, we have three college age kids (mine) and a 12-year-old and a one-year-old (my sister's two). I have been "lurking" around this forum for a while and I think I may even have joined at one time because I get the newsletter. Just don't remember my user name [​IMG] so I decided to start over since when I first joined I was only thinking about hatching chickens. Now, I have chickens. I love my Silkies. My husband calls them the silly birds because they won't go in their coop at night. The lengthy topic about the lady who had the same problem prompted me to rejoin. I also have this problem but will add to her post once I have tried some of the tips posted there. Well, hope you all had a nice Christmas and will have a safe and happy New Year (with lots of new chicks) [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Welcome Silkie owner (on BYC we call them Evil Silkies because they steal your heart and eat it for breakfast)!

My DH was from Oradell and thereabouts. NJ is beautiful and most people don't know that.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

RE [​IMG]

Imp

4. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG] from Alaska

5. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    [​IMG] from Hunterdon County!

6. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    [​IMG] A big welcome from a little north of you. NY.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  7. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

8. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG]

9. Cornychick