Hello from north east Arkansas

robertndacia

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Well, we did it! We have joined to revolution. We built a chicken tractor and Thursday my son and I went and got chickens. We picked up 2 Black Australorp pullets (3 months old I think) and 2 Light Brahma pullets (2 months old I think). We got them from a local breeder for about $25 for the lot. The closest we have ever been to chickens before was my grandmother had Easter Eggers when I was a kid. My wife and son have never experienced them before (they are having a blast). We live in a small town with a very small yard, but we do have enough room. I thought about starting with eggs, but my wife and I both work full time and I was afraid they would not receive adequate care. Maybe next year.
I am really glad that I found a resource like BYC. I was googling information and, waalaa, here I am. I look forward to meeting some of you and hope to be able to pick some brains as we learn about our chickens.

gamebirdsonly

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 5, 2007
UTAH
welcome-byc.gif
from Utah

Carolyn

Songster
11 Years
Apr 6, 2008
Across the mighty Mississippi in northwest TN. You've come to the right place: Questions answered, medical advice, chicks ID, emotional support, addictions enabled and understood!!! Enjoy!

Top Bottom