Hello from north east Arkansas

robertndacia

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Well, we did it! We have joined to revolution. We built a chicken tractor and Thursday my son and I went and got chickens. We picked up 2 Black Australorp pullets (3 months old I think) and 2 Light Brahma pullets (2 months old I think). We got them from a local breeder for about $25 for the lot. The closest we have ever been to chickens before was my grandmother had Easter Eggers when I was a kid. My wife and son have never experienced them before (they are having a blast). We live in a small town with a very small yard, but we do have enough room. I thought about starting with eggs, but my wife and I both work full time and I was afraid they would not receive adequate care. Maybe next year.
I am really glad that I found a resource like BYC. I was googling information and, waalaa, here I am. I look forward to meeting some of you and hope to be able to pick some brains as we learn about our chickens.

welcome-byc.gif
from Utah

Across the mighty Mississippi in northwest TN. You've come to the right place: Questions answered, medical advice, chicks ID, emotional support, addictions enabled and understood!!! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom