Hello from NS Canada

ldm2dor

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 22, 2012
We are new to owning chickens only since May. My husband and I had decided to add a couple of chickens to our property since he has retired, now I think the chickens are taking over. lol Friends decided that they couldn't keep the chickens they had because they have a dog who likes to eat them. They gave us a barred rock hen and a colored cockerel and this is what got us started now we are proud owners of those two as well as a large somewhat nasty Rhode Island Red rooster and 30 of the red sex link hens. We have completed one hatch successfully and have 20-4 wk old chicks as well. Your site has been invaluable to us for information we were using it as guests but have now decided to join your community and look forward to sharing our successes and learning lessons we have had in the past and will have in the future.

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Welcome to BYC! Quite a mixed flock you got there, can't wait to see pictures! (That is a requirement as a member, always post pictures of your beautiful birds!) Chickens are a great hobby to have and make wonderful pets, glad to have you aboard! You'll meet a lot of crazy chicken people on here, ALOT! Pretty soon you'll become one of us.... :)
God bless you and your flock!

Back
Top Bottom