Hello from NW Ohio!

christatothemax

Songster
Sep 26, 2019
NW Ohio
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? -- I am new to chickens. Having dreamt about having them in my backyard my whole life, I am happy to say in a couple of months my dream will be a reality!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? -- Zero. I am thinking of starting with five.

(3) What breeds do you have? -- None. I am thinking of starting with Easter Egger, Golden Buff, Cuckoo Maran, and Barnevelder.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? -- As I do not currently have chickens, I'll speak to what about having chickens interests me. My end-goal in life is to be as self-sufficient as possible while remaining happy and helpful. I wish to have my own chickens for eggs, companionship, experience, and happiness.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? -- I dabble in woodcrafts, tabletop terrain building, and games (board, video, tabletop, etc.).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. -- My husband, two kids, and I have a pet dog and some fish in our tiny lily pond. I work as an analyst. I grew up in Iowa, but now live in Ohio. I'm so excited for chickens! Beyond excited!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D -- I've been silently stalking BYC for years. I am finally close to being able to have my own chickens and so I've joined the family.

cluckmecoop7

Enabler
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Untitled drawing-3.jpg

christatothemax

Songster
Sep 26, 2019
NW Ohio
Are you going to purchase day-old chicks, POL pullets, hens or hatch eggs?

I have been looking at the catalog from https://www.meyerhatchery.com/ which is just a couple hours away (Googled it, so there may be better ones to purchase from - I don't know). I am not sure how many days old they are, but I know they are quite fresh.

Top Bottom