Hello from NW (Toledo) Ohio!

I am a new member, I was looking for members in Toledo, oh. When I found your question. I raise chickens and turkeys in the city of Toledo. I was told by the city that there is no law against raising chickens. just no water fowl if they get a complaint all they can do is come out and check the conditions to make sure the chickens are being cared for. soon after I got my chickens maybe 6 month or so someone from the city came Knocking at my door she said she got a call that I am raising livestock in the back yard I said sure I have chickens I took her to the back yard and showed her the chickens. She said that it was awesome and told my children that they are very lucky to have chickens and it really made her day. she said if she gets another call she will let them know that everything is good.

Greetings from Kansas, bojaza, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us but you posted on to the end of old thread. Cut and paste this into the New Members link - hit 'Start a New Thread' first. Most people won't even open an older post. If you didn't find locals you might try the OH thread in the link below. Good luck to you and great to have you aboard!!

Hello from toledo ohio, one of our moronic councilmen want to change laws about chickens in backyard, and I would like to talk or do anything to get our voices out to try and stop this moron. I put my heart and hard work into my chickens and I'll b dawned if some politician is going to make it very hard to have them. Thanks

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!

Going here, will help you get around BYC!!! Has loads of info on how to get around the site!

How to insert pictures on BYC!!!!

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

I saw the article in the Toledo blade on Wednesday. I think it is B.S. I think that he thinks it could be a money making thing. He stated he has seen a half dozen complains since he has been a councilmen. I don't know how long he has been a councilmen but that doesn't sound like too many complaints to me. I think the people that complain are not haters just too lazy to raise they're own chickens. My egg hens are our pets and if a person has not raised chickens they would not understand.

This may be an old thread, but it looks like it keeps getting resurrected! We live just west of Toledo, near Secor Park if anyone is familiar with the area. Nice to see that there are other chicken people in the area. We took in 6 chickens that were easter presents but outgrew their welcome. We learned the hard way about coyotes, and soon had 4 chickens. So we built a big coop and lock them in the coop yard every evening. We ended up with 1 hen and 3 roosters, and just rehomed two roos because their squabbles were starting to get to the point where blood was drawn. A friend is supposed to get us a few more hens this weekend, but if not, I am in the market to purchase a couple. I love this website, and have learned tons from the site and from the forum. Right now I am planning on some "remodeling" in the coop, to make it easier to clean and heat. Apparently there is something called Sweet followed by some letters, that works really well under the roost to keep the poop dried and not smelly, but I have forgotten the name. If anyone knows, it would be great if you could post it.

Back
Top Bottom