Hello from NY!

Lauren Kim

Songster
Jun 7, 2017
Studying at the Library
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, everyone!
My name is Lauren Kim, I joined BYC on 6/8/2017. I couldn't wait to be started!
I have a few eggs in the incubator right now, they're expected to hatch in exactly 2 weeks. If this doesn't work, we might just buy a chicken from the farm. But anyways, I have a huge heart for animals, even flies. They don't deserve to be killed!!

I'm very happy that I joined, people are very friendly here. It's a very welcoming community!

Thanks a lot,
Lauren Kim

Hi, everyone!
My name is Lauren Kim, I joined BYC on 6/8/2017. I couldn't wait to be started!
I have a few eggs in the incubator right now, they're expected to hatch in exactly 2 weeks. If this doesn't work, we might just buy a chicken from the farm. But anyways, I have a huge heart for animals, even flies. They don't deserve to be killed!!

I'm very happy that I joined, people are very friendly here. It's a very welcoming community!

Thanks a lot,
Lauren Kim

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to BYC I know that you will find the community just as helpful as I have. I wish you good hatching from your incubator, it's a step that I haven't taken yet after three years of raising chickens. It's on my bucket list to get a incubator. I currently have 37 hens and with around 6 cockerels from what I can tell at this point. You can say that this site has been invaluable to me in choosing my breeds and spurring on my chicken addiction! Happy hatching and again welcome to BYC!

Laura

Last edited:
Hi Lauren,

Welcome to BYC I know that you will find the community just as helpful as I have. I wish you good hatching from your brooder, it's a step that I haven't taken yet after three years of raising chickens. It's on my bucket list to get a brooder. I currently have 37 hens and with around 6 cockerels from what I can tell at this point. You can say that this site has been invaluable to me in choosing my breeds and spurring on my chicken addiction! Happy hatching and again welcome to BYC!

Laura

Wow, thanks for the kind words Laura! I appreciate your welcoming.

Welcome to the group. We are hatching our first babies right now , so far we have 7 hatched with several more due the next few days.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I am also an animal lover but, flies are not animals and I draw the line there.

If any of your chicks(chickens) get a sore, or wound and flies lay eggs on it- you will find the eggs hatch into maggots. They make any minor wound much worse. After they consume damaged tissue, they go after healthy tissue and can migrate through the body. It is one massive battle to eliminate them.

Due to all the feathers, people generally don't notice maggots till the bird is really ailing.

Back
Top Bottom