Hello From Oklahoma!

thill808

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2015
Norman, OK
Hi everyone. I just joined BYC and am excited to learn a bunch! I am from Norman, OK and have a guinea. It's a long story about how I came to be a guinea mom. My first order of business is finding adult guineas in the area. I am striking out by myself. A local feed store told me to check with this community. I have one lonely guy as of today and he keeps calling for his buddy. I feel terrible. These two have been together since I got them last summer. I can provide more details if anyone needs it. I would love to have several guineas if I can find someone willing to sell some to me. I just fell in love with these two hilarious guys and spoil them as best I can. They are free range, returning to their coop each evening. I have wanted additional guineas for a while now but I had trouble locating any. As I mentioned, we lost one this morning. Please tell me how guineas fair when they lose their buddy if there are only two. Would he incorporate into a new group or would he be fine by himself? I need some guidance on this one from those of you who know guineas and their behaviors please.

In addition to my guinea, I have four adopted free range house bunnies, all from a bunny shelter. I have no kids so most all my time is spent enjoying my buns and birds.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us. So sorry about losing your guinea.

You can post in buy/sell forum after you have a number of posts, I think 20?

You should explore the Guinea Fowl forums, and could inquire there as well.

Good luck locating the guineas.

Hi, welcome to BYC!
If you have any questions, we're here to help!

My family's guinea is alone. His ladies died two years ago, and he's been fine with just the chickens. Now that my neighbor has a few guineas he hangs out with them during the day and comes homr for dinner and bed.

Hello and welcome to BYC!

I think you've been given some good leads on where to look for guinea so I'll just say, Nice to have you join us!

Thanks everyone! I'm so eggcited to have found this place. I just watched the sweetest video of a boy humming a lullaby to a baby chick. Awwww

Back
Top Bottom