Hello from Ontario Canada!

tfb4me

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 12, 2010
We are the Ritchie family and were about to get into raising some lovely little hens for some fresh eggs..we were wondering if there is anyone else from around Ontario? we need local folk to help get us started. We dont even know where to get some birds? We have looked at the coop designs and love them! I (Ron aka Dad) am a skilled carpenter so this could get interesting..were going to start off small and go from there..Maybe 4 to 5 birds. So any help would be very thank-full! Take care folks and we wish you and all your lovely hens good karma...

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Hello Ontario! Welcome to BYC, I'm new too and really loving my girls. Remember to get cold tolerant chicks!! You get the snow on your side of Canada. lol

Quote:
Yes we do! Infact we had some yesterday...
sad.png
Im thinking were going to hold off untill spring. That leaves us time to get the coop built and learn learn learn...Cold tollerant chicks eh. Had no idea. The place where out daughter Rides horses, they have chickens. The lady says she can get us some birds that are older(6 weeks sound right) and already laying. Or would you all recomend we get chicks?

Back
Top Bottom