Hello from Oregon!

toniathequeen

Chirping
May 6, 2020
Salem, Oregon
I had no idea that when I bought my first couple of baby chicks that it would lead to buying more and being so in love with them!

Attachments

• 55ADE236-D366-4749-8B3B-855B67D37E1A.jpeg
    55ADE236-D366-4749-8B3B-855B67D37E1A.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 9
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, but grew up around chickens because my grandparents had them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Originally 17, found out that I had 4 roosters so I’ve already given two away.

(3) What breeds do you have? Blue laced red Wyandotte, light Brahma, buff Brahma, production blue, Ameraucana, olive egger, speckled brown Sussex, white silkie, calico princess, French black copper Maran, sapphire olive egger, salmon favrelles

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? The joy that they give me, someday soon I’ll get my own farm fresh eggs and they are just funny to watch

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, weightlifting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. It’s just my husband and I now that our two kids are grown and married. We have 3 dogs, and just bought this little farm in April of 2020 so we are busy fixing it up! And someday we’d like to add more farm animals to our farm once we get the barn stall built.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I kept asking my friend about chicken questions and she told me about this website. I love learning and discovering how to better care for my chickens!

Back
Top Bottom