Hello from Pensacola & Westville, Florida

AugeredIn

All Fowled Up!
9 Years
Hello all. Long time lurker and not new to poultry but moving to the deeper end.

We live primarily in Pensacola but have a farm north of Westville. My ten year old daughter has discovered the farm is a great place to be with much more to do than she originally thought. She just finished raising six khaki campbell ducks to be large enough to move into the pond and she has discovered the "pretty" chicken varieties.

We are close to finishing a new coop/run and will be posting that elsewhere when we hit the ten post requirement. We are not sure what to fill it with yet.

Look forward to talking with more of you online and at North Florida chicken swaps perhaps.

Phil

Hi, Phil!
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Australia!

When I was a lil' kiddie, my parents would take me to the farm nearly every week. It was one of my favourite places, I probably knew the layout of the entire place off by heart...
Yes, the farm was a good place to go when I lived in the city. I loved the poultry especially, they'd let us see the nesting boxes so I'd always go scouting for eggs. Once we found a goose egg in a shallow section of the river... my dad climbed down the hill to pick it out for me.

I tried, and failed, to hatch it under my jumper
lol.png

Good times!

Anyway, hopw to see you more around the forum
frow.gif

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from a neighbor in Coffee County, Alabama. We used to have a vacation place on a lake in Vernon, FL & we always went through Westville & Caryville on the way down. There's some gorgeous land down that way. Glad you joined us
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
It's a small world, isn't it? Well, I bet some of my family might have met your family, especially if they were in Elba or New Brockton a lot. Seems like everybody knows or is related to everybody in our area
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom