Hello from Pensacola & Westville, Florida

Quote:
If I could afford to live on the farm I would do it. Unfortunately, I am a better civil engineer.
smile.png
I just hope she learns to respect that way of life. I would venture to guess that 75% of the population only knows farms and rural areas in general as a moving picture from the car.

Last edited:
I am anxious to learn more about the other panhandle folks. I almost went as far as to go to the Ocala swap last weekend to see what was available. I wish we had a regularly scheduled swap somewhere in northwest florida.

I know there are folks that raise and breed chickens near our place in Holmes County. On the way to Geneva Alabama which is about 15 miles from us there is a place that probably has 15-20 breeding pens. I can't slow down enough to see what they have though.

Hi neighbor...from Pace here. Welcome to BYC. I have found so much helpful info here. I have only had chickens for about 2 years and love love love them.

Quote:
I haven't heard about local swap meets. There is a Florida thread around here that may give you some more names of people closer to you. I just see chickens for sale locally in paper, CL, and at the feed stores. But we don't even have Tractor Supply here.

You'd think we would have some swaps around here since it is pretty rural.

Back
Top Bottom