Hello from PG, NC

pea and carrot

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 20, 2015
Hello , New to the backyardchicken. Our names are Danah & Gary we live in Pleasant Garden NC.
Had chickens several years ago.Golden Sebright Bantams to be exact. Starting over with a new place.
We plan on building a new coop and getting Rhode Island Reds and or Cochin chickens.

Thanks for your time,
Pea and Carrot

Hello and welcome to BYC! I hope you'll enjoy it here. Did you enjoy your Sebright bantams? It sounds like you got it almost all planned out with the Cohcins or the Rhode Island Reds. What exactly are you hoping for out of these two breeds? Show? Egg? Meat? Pet?

Enjoy your stay!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

Thanks for the reply back. I did enjoy the sebrights and unfortunatly so did the raccons or foxes. They killed our entire flock.
So starting over with a bigger better more secure coop with more land and out of the city. We are wanting bigger chickens for bigger eggs .We are trying our hand at home steading also. Any info on diffrent egg layers? Friendy girls that are good layers and if they want to be my pets thats fine with me too.
big_smile.png

Thanks

Welcome to BYC, Danah and Gary. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your coop built and in getting your flock.

Thanks for the reply back. I did enjoy the sebrights and unfortunatly so did the raccons or foxes. They killed our entire flock.
So starting over with a bigger better more secure coop with more land and out of the city. We are wanting bigger chickens for bigger eggs .We are trying our hand at home steading also. Any info on diffrent egg layers? Friendy girls that are good layers and if they want to be my pets thats fine with me too.
big_smile.png

Thanks

I'm so sorry about the loss of your Sebrights. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. I would recommend Black Sex Links (Black Stars) for your new chickens as they are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. Whatever breeds or hybrids you decide to get, good luck with your flock.

ok thanks for the info. we thought about red sex linx too. But I will do my homework before getting anything.
I will read about the black sex linx. i am assumming the only difference between red and black sex linx is color ?

Back
Top Bottom