Hello from Phx!

What other breeds do you have in your flock and where did you get them?

I have a group of 8 Silver Grey Dorking's that came from Murry McMurray Hatchery, that I plan to breed after the pullets start laying. I'm also starting up with a group of the Aloha's that I got from a couple of breeder's here in AZ. The Aloha boy from 1 breeder is shown in my Avatar, and I have 10 more of those as 2 week old chick's from another breeder in my brooder.

-BYC-sign-flash.gif
:thumbsup

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Make yourself at home here and ask as many questions as needed. Good luck with the heat, definitely take advantage of evaporative cooling, wet the floor down and put a turbo fan on it. It will cool the floor and air 10+ degrees. Cool feet are cooler birds. Welcome to our community!
Do you have a picture of the fan/floor wetting setup? Or just the model/fan info? That sounds way better than aiming a mister and having the birds hate it!

Do you have a picture of the fan/floor wetting setup? Or just the model/fan info? That sounds way better than aiming a mister and having the birds hate it!
Unfortunately I don't have a photo of my fans. But my turbo fan is about a 20 inch fan. I use a 12 incher in the door between the coop and attached run. A couple times a day I filled a watering can and gave the floor a light soaking. With the fan it really cools everything down. I used to use sand and wow, when sand is wet, it REALLY cools them down.

Birds don't like to get wet, it doesn't allow them to cool themselves properly so I would for go the misters.

Back
Top Bottom