Hello from Pointblank, Texas

jreid1965

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
I have been lurking on BYC for more than a year. I've gotten some great information from y'all. I decided today was the day to actually join. So I copied the questions from the Newbie section to answer some general questions:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have been around chickens since I was a child. My grandparents had a farm, and we all went there and worked during the summer. I have been caring for the Delawares for 2 years and my other chickens are 1 year old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
22 (Nope, forgot I have 27)

(3) What breeds do you have?
Delawares (7 Hens), Barred Rocks (1 Roo, 6 Hens), New Hampshire Reds (2 Roos, 6 Hens), Just got my daughter 5 Straight run bantams. Not sure what they are, but they are soooo cute!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was researching breeds. After that, whenever I googled a chicken questions, BYC.com came up first.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Raising 4 teenagers, 7 dogs, 3 goats, clearing land. I also run a landscaping company.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Ok, well, I like the homesteading life. I would love to be able to go completely off the grid. We try to go completely natural around here. The kids are all learning to take care of animals, and basic farm maintenance. I have 7 dogs, 2 chihuahuas and 5 dachshunds. I care for my boss' kids. They are over the road truck drivers. So, I have one daughter I gave birth to and 2 sons and a daughter I did not. I love them like they are my own, though.
I run a landscaping company for my boss as well as care for his kids.
Oh, yeah, I've turned my daughter in to a chicken fanatic. She has been a member on this site for a year now. :)
I also work in the church worship ministry. I put all the fancy stuff up on the walls. LOL The videos, the words to songs and pastor's sermon.

So, that's me in a nutshell. My name is Judy. Thanks for taking the time to read all this.

images

Hello Judy and welcome to BYC!

This is the place to be when you own poultry! So pull up a roost bar and make yourself at home. Welcome to our flock!

Thanks so very much! I just posted some pics in the forum looking for chicken pics for captioning. I love this site!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom