Hello from Prague... Uh Oklahoma

Buddy Lindsey

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2017
Hello

So I live on roughly 2 acres in Oklahoma. Really like it. I grew up in the suburbs of Tulsa though so country living is different.

As for chickens? I don't have any. I am looking at getting some though.

My plans are to do some Cornish Cross next year for meat, running them in a chicken tractor.

Then after I do that I plan to start prepping and getting some laying hens. I don't know anything about laying hens at this point so am going to have to start researching more after I get done with the meat birds. :)

My biggest thing I need to learn now is what to feed the birds at what ages and where to get it. And how does grit fit into all of this.

I have read a couple of books and they are great for general information and theory, but am on here hoping to get some specific details.

Anyway, glad the site exists and I can learn from it. Already learned a bunch of stuff and taken notes over the last couple of days. Still have a lot to learn though.

G’Day from down under Buddy :frow Welcome!

You might be interested in downloading this free e-book My First Year With Chickens

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

The Learning Centre is a great source. Personally, I have also found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Best wishes and good luck!

Hello

So I live on roughly 2 acres in Oklahoma. Really like it. I grew up in the suburbs of Tulsa though so country living is different.

As for chickens? I don't have any. I am looking at getting some though.

My plans are to do some Cornish Cross next year for meat, running them in a chicken tractor.

Then after I do that I plan to start prepping and getting some laying hens. I don't know anything about laying hens at this point so am going to have to start researching more after I get done with the meat birds. :)

My biggest thing I need to learn now is what to feed the birds at what ages and where to get it. And how does grit fit into all of this.

I have read a couple of books and they are great for general information and theory, but am on here hoping to get some specific details.

Anyway, glad the site exists and I can learn from it. Already learned a bunch of stuff and taken notes over the last couple of days. Still have a lot to learn though.

Hello Buddy glad you joined Backyard Chickens

Back
Top Bottom